Tuesday, November 30, 2010

cookie trial.

A success!  I usually don't mess around with baking recipes because measurements need to be so precise for it to turn out.  In a few weeks I am taking part in a second annual cookie exchange with some very lovely ladies (hmm, I think we need to come up with a creative name this this annual deliciousness).  I decided to sign up to make chewy ginger cookies.  I've made them a few times before and was happy with the taste but not with the how flat they were (that's what she said).  I upped the flour and baking powder anti and am very pleased with the results.  I will definitely be using this revamped recipe for the cookies exchange.

3/4 c margarine (or butter or shortening)
1 c sugar
1 egg
1/4 c molasses
2 1/2 c flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp ginger powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp clove powder
sugar for garnish

Cream together margarine and sugar, then add egg and molasses.  In a separate bowl, combine remaining ingredients.  Blend into creamed mixture (that's what she said).  Shape into small balls and roll in a bowl of sugar to garnish.  Lightly grease a cookie sheet and flatten balls slightly with a fork.  Bake at 350 for 9ish minutes.  Makes 2 dozen.

PS: Sorry I've been slacking with my blog.  I have 2 weeks off for Christmas and I hope to spend some time making up some new dishes.

No comments: