Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pineapple Green Smoothie

I'm a jerkface. I'm sorry I've been so neglectful lately.  I haven't had a whole lot of time these last few weeks and therefore haven't been creating new and exciting meals. Exams are marked, report cards are written and I've finally learned to navigate through the never ending Pinterest world, which means I have time to cook and write. Excuses, excuses. I sound like my students...

Sidenote: Want to follow me on Pinterest? I'd love that! Click here.

I mentioned here that I was fighting off another cold a few weeks ago and was desperate to feel better without any medication.  Those spinach smoothies... well, I've been hittin' them pretty hard, and haven't looked back since (that's what she said).  My husband and I now have them every morning before work. With some suggestions from a few friends, I've figured out my absolute favourite concoction and wanted to share it with you. I eyeball everything I put in so don't feel like you have to measure out anything. The great thing about these smoothies is that you can throw in whatever fruit you have hanging around.

Yield: 2 large shakes

Ingredients
1 1/2 cups frozen pineapple chunks*
3/4 cup fat free vanilla Greek yogurt**
1 1/2 cups milk
4 handfuls of fresh baby spinach
 
*I just got home from No Frills where I scored pineapples for $1.47 each. I purchased 3, chopped 'em up and chucked them in the freezer in a big ol' freezer bag.
** Here is a picture of the brand that I buy. This container is $3.99 and can be purchased at No Frills or the Superstore.

Method
Throw everything in a big blender and mix for 1 minute, stirring once. If you find it to be too tick, add a little more milk. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Love these green smoothies! It's the only way I can get Everett to eat spinach! Thanks Jill xo